Well that was real mature...

Well that was real mature...

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Planting Seeds

ADVENTURES IN PULP WRITER'S COMMENTARY

DICK RUBY AND THE CASE OF THE LITTLE GREEN MEN PAGE 6
 
     This page went pretty much as scripted. The only real change (as I mentioned a few pages back) was that I originally had Dick "undercover" as a city worker wearing coveralls. In panel two, Dick was ditching his "cover" but now he is ditching his alien chewed coat. I love that Matt's cave in has a green glow that echoes the sewer water from previous pages. We get a brief breath before the next cliffhanger, but  I manage to plant two very important seeds for later on. I feel like I was better learning to plant the functional stuff between the action beats and I was proud that they seemed subtle enough that no one would get them until the second read through. I love my last line on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment